Morvil Presents: Water In Black & White Design Contest
Water is absolutely essential to life. It surrounds and sustains us, invigorates and inspires us.
In memory of our dear friend and coworker, Kimberly Bardill, who was a very talented artist herself, Morvil Advertising + Design is hosting a student graphic design competition open to all local high school students.
A panel of judges will review entries, and winners will be announced in March 2019. Creators of the top three designs will receive scholarships in the following amounts:
- 1ST PLACE $1,500
- 2ND PLACE $1,000
- 3RD PLACE $500
How To Enter
- Entries must be designed around the theme of water.
- Artwork must be black and white. No exceptions.
- Artwork can be any type of work: 2D, 3D, created by hand, or completely digital.
- Any medium is acceptable for creating your art: charcoal, photography, watercolor, ink, electronic, collage, mixed media, etc., as long as it can be submitted in the required size and file specs listed below.
- Artwork must be digitally submitted as a PDF at 24 x 18 inches at 150 dpi or better resolution.
- To qualify as a poster, entry must contain some form of typography.
- Students must be enrolled in a New Hanover County or Brunswick County public or private high school.
- Each entry must include student’s name, art instructor’s name, art instructor’s email, and school phone number.
- Students are limited to one submission each.
- Submissions must be emailed no later than February 28, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Artwork cannot be changed once submitted.
- Plagiarized work will be disqualified. All entries must be original artwork created by the student.
- Racism, bigotry or other explicit content that is deemed offensive at the discretion of Morvil Advertising + Design will be disqualified.
- A brief description of the piece and your inspiration is encouraged, but not required.
We hope you enjoy the process, and we can’t wait to see your work. Click here to download the full student information pdf.